Chilled 'Til Dawn
Greetings Guest! In order to view this site you'll need to either Log-in or Register! Registering is easy if you already don't have an account.

Chilled 'Til Dawn

A semi-realistic RP based upon intermediate to advanced Role Players!

HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Shamans and Hunters Den

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rosella
Admin

PostSubject: Shamans and Hunters Den   Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This den is held for and to aid the shamans and Hunters.

Animals to be aware of
Predators: Bears, coyotes, foxes, mountain lions, other wolves, badgers.
Prey: Birds, flying squirrel, hare, field mice, muskrat, turkeys, occasional stray dogs, rarely feral dogs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://chilledtildawn.forumotion.com
Rosella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:32 pm

Rosella trotted near the den entrance, sniffing around for any scents that could be lingering around. She shook her head and full body gingerly then turned, whiffing the air briefly. She only caught a distant predator, perhaps this would be doable for Fang, as for Jay, she had hopes that he would accomplish the task provided, as both of them need to earn their ranks with a wise decision.

She once again sat near the den and in waiting for both of them to arrive. She stabilized their movements, as she listened closely to detect the sounds with her pricked ears.
Back to top Go down
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:29 pm

Jay had started to run a little while back so was running to the scent left by the fae. He panted lightly and soon came to a den with the fae sitting near it. He slowed to a walk. His ears flicked with the movements. Jay walked to the fae and sat down. His black coat shined with the sun. He looked around than looked at Rosella. He waited for the grey wolf to come.

The quiet was getting to him. He soon asked "What is the task you want us to do?" In almost whisper. He waited for a reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fang

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:21 pm

Fang entered the area at a brisk run, then slowed to a lope when he saw Rosella and Jay. After padding over to them, he lowered his hind to the ground and wrapped his banner around his right. He then spoke to his alpha.

"If I may ask, what did you have planned for us?", he asked.

Just then, Fang caught the scent of what smelled like one of the various predators common to the area. Would danger come so soon? Fang knew that he would need to be on his guard in case any threats showed themselves. He considered tracking down the scent to run whoever its originator was off once he had completed the task that his alpha had set for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:13 pm

"Hmm.. indeed I have something already intact for you two to do" she directed her attention towards the location of the hunting grounds. "It isn't a long duty, just a small test. I want to see how well you are hunting game, Jay. As for you, Fang, I want you to find and chase out any predators that come around." she arose and stretched her neck to test the air with another brief sniff at the stirring breeze. "Just as I thought" she murmured to herself and turned facing them. "I'll go with you both, but first, Jay, are you up for this? Because if not yet I'll have to skip you and allow Fang to do his part". she presumed, noting the wound still on his leg.

The night grew on, it must be almost passed midnight by now as they arrived. Night seemed to be a bit more endured by wolves to hunt. Yet we should take this moment and note about how the weather can effect their tasks. She swallowed lightly and added on to her words, "The weather you're experiencing now isn't the roughest part, it'll soon become more cold especially when thundering clouds are in the lurking area, so be cautious when you go out. Jay, this part of the territory is your den. Fang, I';ll show you where your den is as well. Some members share dens, though for newcomers I'd prefer to have separate bedding". she huffed lightly and took a glance at Fang with a partial tilt of her head.
Back to top Go down
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Jay looked at her and says "i can do this" With a small grin. He listened to Rose talk and heard about the weather. He nodded slowly than heard her say that this would be my den. He says "ok" with a light voice

"will we still be able to do the task tonight?" with a curious tone of voice. He was excited to do this task. Jay was very good at hunting so this would be a walk in the forest. He shook off the slight breeze and waited for a response

( i had a thought... Since we are new to the pack and all. Only one person will be able to rp during that time and People say if you doudle post its spaming....)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:42 pm

((You're correct on that, but I'll allow it once. But if you do need to add something apart of that RP line you can add it to it. As long as you don't do it excessively))

She dipped her head and thought about the game he would most likely be able to hunt, so he won't damage his leg any worse then it seems now. After a brief moment of thinking she continued her words, "Alright, Jay here's what you'll be hunting" she started to trot near the wall of trees leading to the hunting grounds. She heeded no action to fully leave the area, but only to show the path towards the grounds. The meadows seemed to be quiet from where they were located, but yet he has yet to discover what herds are located there.

She paused a few so meters from the den and pointed her muzzle ahead, "I want you to find a weakling within the herd of caribou. They could be asleep, but during this time they're huddled and grazing, as I passed a few last night". she turned and lifted her tail, allowing her presence to not be located by their scent. "I'll make sure you'll be okay, howl to let me know if something happens" she barked lowly making sure he understood what she was telling him and waited for him to follow her.
Back to top Go down
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:04 am

Jay looked happy when he heard that he was going to hunt. He nodded when she was speaking. He knew that hunting during night wasnt the safest thing to do but this was his chance to shine and show her what he is made of. He has never hunted a caribou though. But that wasnt going to hold him back.

"Ok, so i hunt young or an older one. I can manage both" as he bowed to Rose. He steped foward and flicked his ears. He was ready to do this. He looked up at te star's and watched the star's shine in the night. He let out a breath and than padded right next to rose and got readky to follow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:48 am

She embraced the night with a quick tip towards Jay, "Alright I hope you have the adrenalin flowing. Anything from an offspring to an ill or the one that can't keep up with the herd, which is what we aim for" she had confidence lingering in her voice as she straightened her posture. The night had a chill starting point but didn't allow her to hold back now.

She glanced over to where Fang was and barked lowly,
"I'll return shortly, all this to be your chance to guard and fight something that comes in your way. Be wise for this, I'll return shortly when I show Jay the grounds". She inhaled deeply then exhaled, as she quickly paced off towards the hunting grounds.

-The Hunting Grounds-
Back to top Go down
Fang

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:25 am

Fang perked his receptors in attention upon receiving his orders. He would protect this place with his life, no matter what was lurking out there. He resolutely watched his alpha leave and knew that Jay would soon be following her.

"You two come back safely," Fang spoke to the black hunter. The cold, night wind carried with it the same ominous scent Fang had detected earlier. It had grown stronger, indicating that whatever predator was out there was getting closer. "There's something dangerous out there. I would prefer that it doesn't find either of you before I find it."

Having said his peace, Fang rose to his paws and stalked off in the direction of the scent. He would find this predator and either drive it off or kill it. He had to. Fang was not about to allow anything to disturb the peace of his new home.

((Sorry for the delayed response. Had a busy weekend that only gave me time for reading and making quick posts.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:47 pm

Jay looked up and nodded. He slowly padded to where she was. Than was about to start following but the grey male stopped him. He nodded slowly Jay than said "Hey, Be careful" with a stern look on his face. He soon went a little faster to catch up with rose. He started soon with a quick run to start off.

-hunting grounds-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fang

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:45 pm

Fang followed the scent of the predator through some trees and brush. He wasn't worried about hiding his scent - Fang hoped that the smell of an approaching wolf would send his foe packing before he even made contact with it.

Fang didn't have to look far for the source of the scent. A small, female cougar was prowling near the den, no doubt planning on passing through the area while looking for prey. Cougars could be dangerous, and Fang knew he had to get rid of this one. She looked as though she weighed around 40kg and would likely be no match for Fang's 55kg frame.
Fang stalked out of the bushes with his hackles raised and a snarl on his face. A deep, loud growl emanated from behind his bared fangs. He dug his claws into the dirt and stared down the cougar, determined that he was not letting this feline disturb the peace of his home.

---

The cougar became enraged at this new figure blocking her path. She hadn't eaten in about a week, and she was NOT going to be stopped this close to the prey she was tracking. Not by a wolf, not by anyone!

She opened her maw and let out a scream warning the wolf that he had better get out of her way. When he refused to move, she charged him at full speed. She would kill this wolf and eat him instead of the prey she was tracking.

---

As the cougar charged, Fang prepared himself for her attack. With her maw wide open and her claws unsheathed, she threw herself at fang and swiped at his face. Fang was too quick, though, and hastily dodged to the right. The cougar's claws grazed his side, but they didn't penetrate his thick coat. As she whirled around for a second attack, Fang quickly ducked under her head and seized her throat between his powerful jaws as she brought her heavy paws down upon his back.

---

A few moments later, Fang stood victorious over the now motionless predator. A few spots of red temporarily stained his muzzle and a few clumps of fur were missing from his back and sides, evidencing the conflict. Fang had emerged from the battle with only a few scratches.

He had hoped that it wouldn't come to this, preferring that his enemies heed his warnings rather than disregard them.

With the threat neutralized, Fang began his short trek back to the den area.

(( Hope the fight scene was OK. I wasn't sure how much detail to put into the fight scene. Was it too much, too little, or about right? I thougt about adding more detail to the final struggle, but didn't know what a safe violence level would be. ))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:59 am

((It's fine as it doesn't have to be really realistic as others may want. So I'll accept the fight xD))

Rosella cantered back into the area at ease, holding her head above her haunches she halted and whiffed at the air. The bitter smell of blood lingered faintly across the area. She flicked her tail and peered in the direction closely, it was as if a fight has broken loose. She wondered if the wolf was brawling with another animal and if he was okay. With that she was sure enough they'll come around, since the sound of weakness was not heard.

She sniffed the clearing and sat down slowly and awaited for Jay to come approach with the carcass. She inhaled deeply with a sharp exhale and flicked her receptors as she peered up where her warm breath emerged from her mouth, whirling up to the sky. It seemed like a quiet night in the forest and with that, she was content. Her light chestnut fur ruffled at the chilled atmosphere, the crickets chirping around her suddenly again. She inspected the earth's crest, pawing lightly and dragging her paw back, scraping at the flattened terrain. The debris collected onto her tail which swished back and forth with concentrated movements.

The Alphess laid down among her belly and crossed her fore paws with a soft sigh as her eyelids drooped lightly over her twin pools. Seemingly asleep by how she laid, she kept her senses open, her receptors flicking and perking at the sounds that surrounded her to detect movement. So far the night tasks were going fine and she wasn't that tired yet.
Back to top Go down
Fang

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:32 pm

The brush rubbed against the bare patches in Fang's pelt as he walked through them. It was a strange feeling and mildly painful when branches made contact with those places where the cougar had slashed through his skin. Those slashes had scabbed over since the battle, but their sting continued to remind Fang that they were still there.

The rustling of a bush sounded Fang's arrival as he entered the clearing. His luminaries spied his alphess resting on the ground. From her appearance, Fang assumed that she was asleep. Padding quietly over to a tree, being careful not to wake Rosella, he slowly lowered his belly to the ground and wrapped his tail around his right side.

As he laid there, Fang sniffed the air and listened to the sounds of the cool night. He wondered where Jay was, but figured that he would probably be back soon. He didn't detect any other threats at this time, but Fang decided to stay awake a bit longer and keep watch just in case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Her eye lids opened slowly to spot whom was Fang laying nearby. She craned her head away from her fore paws and gave out a quiet yawn, which seemed to soothe her loss of energy for the moment at rest. She peered with a quick glimpse in the direction of the hunting grounds, wondering if Jay has been on his way or not. She didn't worry too much unless it took him a while to drag the carcass back.

She gathered herself to her paws and shifted her gaze back towards Fang and got to her haunches,
"Well soon enough once Jay returns he may relax and I'll show you your side of the territory and-" she cocked her head slightly noticing some of his hide was missing and struck her attention towards him. "What happened while we were gone?" she asked the way his condition seemed, though he showed no weakness in the matter of whining or any type of injury seen, however, she has yet to evaluate his other side.
Back to top Go down
Fang

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:32 pm

Fang's receptors perked as he heard his Alphess stir. He hoped that he hadn't awoken her, but there was no use worrying about it now. As she rose, Fang also rose to his paws then lowered his head in submission before hearing her speak.

In response to her query, he said
"I located the predator that was prowling the den. It was a female cougar, but she won't be bothering us any more." Then, realizing that Rosella was staring at his wounds, "There was a fight, but I'm not seriously hurt. I've got a few scratches and I'm a bit sore, but I'm OK."

Fang paused for a bit and lowered his head and ears before continuing. "I'm sorry if I woke you. I tried to be quiet coming in, but I didn't notice you were here until I arrived."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:41 pm

Jay panted as he rested. He soon picked up the carcass and started to drag it again. He came to the den. He droped it down and nodded seeing the other wolves talk. Jay looked around he saw that the grey male had gotten into a fight and was insureing the alpha that he was ok.

(sorry its so short, Have a lot to do today))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fang

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:00 pm

Fang craned his head to face the black hunter as he returned with his kill. The aroma of the fresh meat reminded Fang how hungry he was, and he considered asking his alphess if he could partake of the meat once Jay finished dragging it.

However, as the night wind blew the smells of food toward his nostrils, Fang also detected a new, unfamiliar scent. It smelled like a male wolf, but Fang thought that he had already met all the members of his new family. Was this a loner roaming onto their territory? Without knowing this new wolf, Fang wondered if it was hostile or friendly. He considered tracking down the scent to ascertain its bearer, but knew that it would be best to wait until his leader gave the command.

Rotating his head back to Rosella, Fang said
"Do you smell that? I think there's someone else out there."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xahn Rei

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:26 pm

Already noticing the male in the background, his snarl started echoing as he leaped closer. He aimed to pin down the male (Fang) and pushed down. His teeth bared up, his gums were visible. His teeth healthily white enough, growling like a beastly lion would do. He barked, before questioning him.

"Who are you, and how dare you try to track down my scent?" The brute roared, switching his paws to the wolf's neck. His snarl got louder as the wait stretched longer. His snout opened, escaping a yawn before relaxing a bit his muscles. The aggressive temperament returned after a while. He targeted the stomach if anything happened, or else, he would be ready to attack any other canine surrounding him. He already had experience on this, and hoped to test his skills soon. Anyway, the pack seemed pretty calm for him to attack, but he had to keep his guard up.

He waited for a reaction from the male whilst he gazed on each canine, still a bit mad after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:57 pm

Jay panted a little cause the carcass was big. Jay sat down close to his pack. He than noticed that there ws something coming towrd the pack. He flicked his ears to soon turn his orbs to Fang. He spook something about a loner coming. Jay closed his eye's to quickly open and see a wolf tackle Fang. Even though he just met Fang, he was still a pack member.

Jay went behind the loner wolf. He jumped on his back and latched onto his neck. He held to tightly and wsnt going to let up. He forced more pressure. Growls came out of his maw though the tight grip, Letting him know tht he wasn't messing around and could easyly hurt the male.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fang

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:42 pm

Fang was outraged that he had allowed someone to get so close. He was momentarily caught off-guard, and was about to throw the loner off of him when Jay tackled the menace. As the new wolf stumbled from Jay's attack, Fang seized the opportunity to roll out from under him and join the counterattack.

Anyone who would attack without provocation or even a warning was obviously a dangerous threat, and Fang was ready to give his life in defense of his new family. He tackled the wolf along with Jay, helping to pin him so that he couldn't harm the alphess.

Fang had hoped that the new scent would be a lone wolf looking for a new pack as he and Jay had been, but was now prepared to kill this one if he insisted on fighting.

"Now then," he growled between his clenched teeth, "why have you brought war to our home?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xahn Rei

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:02 am

Xahn Rei was caught distracted and attacked from behind. Before hitting ground, she pushed up both males with his hinds, and back-rolled to a standing position. He shook his head, and his fur stood high like a porcupine. "My apologies, I am stubborn" he mumbled, rolling his eyes a bit. The male barely showed mercy, but he sure did a surprise. A bad start to a joining request.

He offered to help the two brutes up, nudging them up. He shook his pelt again, sighing a bit.
"I believe you two are part of this pack" he predicted, lifting his head while looking at the males. He rearranged his paws, silently sneezing a bit. His ears flickered to each sound on their surroundings. Once a few minutes passed, he directed his gaze towards the lass (Rosella). He bowed his head and twitched his nose. "Hallo" he barked, immediately switching his attention on the males. His head tilted again, still not pretty convinced after his actions. These could be a couple of fakes, or a trick. His guard was still up, and he wasn't still showing any signs of trust, joy or neutrality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rosella
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:30 am

(sorry I haven't been role-playing D; I was busy and couldn't get much done))

Rosella nodded her head, "Well to the least you've driven out the predator, for now at least soon it might return. And with that you have proven your role as well, congrats", she shook her head side to side and stretched out her paws. She glared in the direction where she merged from the hunting grounds and soon enough Jays scent was lingering near by and she smiled. "We now have a hunter to prove his role" she smiled. Her banner swayed side to side as she watched him approached.

Moments later she caught Fangs attention elsewhere. It seemed to be he smelled something coming as she, herself lifted her snout with a tilt to indicate a loner in the woods ahead. Coming here? she thought, this wolf must've found them from coming through the plains. Suddenly a snarl was heard piercing her ears as she stood nearby, peering in the direction and taking a paw step further a wolf leaped towards fang and had him pinned right from where she stood. She lowered her head and revealed her keen ivories at the wolf.

She prepared to enforce this wolf away until Jay promptly tackled the wolf and away from Fang. The Alphess came from where she stood and approached Fang, nudging his shoulder in order to show if he's alright. She blinked and stared over at Jay for a moment as well, with that she turned her attention towards the lone wolf and approached. "As you may attack on defence you do not harm my pack, understood?" she retorted, having her body leaned towards the male with her cranium held high in advance, while still revealing her ivory incisors once more, defiantly standing her ground towards him.

Rosella heeded no action to the prospect just yet and turned with an urgent grunt escaping. She paced side to side, her tail flicking while she evaluated the male. "Now what brings a wolf like you to this climate?" she parted her maw after adding on to her words, her warm breath spiraling from her mouth as she kept her gaze in focus.
Back to top Go down
Xahn Rei

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:02 pm

Xahn Rei glanced at the males right before completely agreeing with the lass, who's scent owned most of the area. It was pretty obvious she was the queen of these realms. He nodded, keeping silent and avoiding to make any visible contact. After listening to the female's question, he chuckled a bit.

"I won't reveal my past for now, but I started traveling to find a kingdom to rest, accomplish my dream to be part of a pack, and please their members with my abilities." The brute finished his pretty short speech and cleared his throat. Xahn Rei could be smart, but he was always stubborn, he even admitted it before. He had to accept that, and deal with it. After a couple of minutes, he flicked his tail.

His ginger colored orbs blinked slowly. He was restless- he had been traveling for a long while from Germany to here. He just held up a yawn and stretched his limbs, thus he wouldn't be so tired after all. Anyway, he switched his attention back to listening to the canines, and the other sounds such as the environment. The foliage was pretty quiet today.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fang

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:21 pm

Fang stood near his alphess, having not moved much since her assuring nudge. He was still a bit wary of the newcomer and was prepared to defend her if the need arose. However, the new wolf seemed to have decreased his aggression and the fact that he seemed to be interested in joining the pack meant that another attack was unlikely. Either that, or he was trying to get them to lower their guard.

Regardless, Fang chose to hold his peace for now. His banner, previously held erect in aggression, was now drooping normally behind him as he listened to the newcomer's words. It would take time before he could trust this one after that attack, but Fang would still rather have even a reluctant ally than an outright enemy.

Without moving his head, Fang shifted his gaze to Jay. He was grateful for the black wolf's assistance and hoped that he would someday get the chance to repay him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shamans and Hunters Den   

Back to top Go down

Shamans and Hunters Den
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next